Purpose: Yard Driver is responsible for the movement and spotting of containers to facilitate the needs of the warehouse in sorting and processing material for shipment or storage. Yard Driver is responsible for timely movements and thorough knowledge of on-hand inventory and positioning.
• Report to shift supervisor.
• No unexcused absences or tardiness. Punctuality standards - on time, dressed and ready to work at scheduled time.
• Keep all lots organized such as high risk, empty lot, loaded lot, etc...
• Keep a daily log sheet of equipment, such as, filling out the daily inspection sheet of spotter unit you are driving.
• Report all damages that occurs on equipment to your shift supervisor immediately.
• If needed, transfer equipment to and from outside venders.
• Provide a safe and productive yard at our Customers location(s).
• Ensure that forklift operators are never waiting on trailers to load or unload.
• Ensure a secure yard by checking the perimeter periodically during the shift.
• Ensure safety practices are followed in the yard and at the loading docks. (Examples: inbound carrier speeds, chocked trailers).
• Provide a daily inspection of the hostler noting any safety or maintenance needs.
• Making sure the hostler has a sufficient amount of fuel at the end of the shift.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
• Communicating with Operations and the Guard Station on inbound status.
• Check each and every inbound and outbound trailer for proper temperature, ensuring no chance of frozen product.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Proven experience in maneuvering and backing combination Tractor/53ft. Trailer
• Must have a class "A" C.D.L. driver’s license and current up to date C.D.L. physical.
• Must meet and comply with all current fleet driver qualification standards.
• Opportunities for growth and promotion within a growing business unit
• Competitive Annual Salary
• Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and a flexible spending account
• 401(k) retirement savings plan and paid vacation
• Extensive wellness program with annual reimbursement opportunities
• Undergraduate and graduate school tuition reimbursement program
• Continuous learning and development